Very High Performance Multi-Zone Metal Detector
The PMD2, “Programmable Metal Detector”, is the most advanced CEIA application with an international patent of its own. It generates an electromagnetic scanning field for the detection of metallic weapons inside a monitored passage.
A “height on person” display actually indicates the actual location of a suspected weapon by means of illuminated LEDs. The location zones are not fixed, as in the case of metal detectors with multiple receiver-transmitter coils, but are variable and continuous so as to achieve optimum resolution.
PDM2 is available in panel or a column version. Upon request the PDM2 can be supplied with 2 emergency batteries that automatically come into operation in the event of a power failure.
Features of the PMD2:
- Uniform detection field
- Very high discrimination
- Highly visible double display provides single or multiple location of weapons in transit
- Fast programming through a chip card system
- Immediate selection of International Security Standards
- Adjustable sensitivity with a wide range of settings
- High detection speed: up to 45 ft (15 meters per second)
- Detection of magnetic, non-magnetic and mixed alloy metal weapons
- Very high immunity to both electromagnetic and mechanical interference
- Cable-free automatic synchronization between two or more CEIA walk-through metal detectors at a minimum distance of 2 inches from each other
- Professional high-integration electronics and high reliability
- Control unit incorporated into the detector
- No initial or periodic calibration needed
- Easy maintenance: modular control unit for rapid replacement